STEEL RED™ Layout Fluid
Machine shop operators depend on Dykem® Layout Fluids to scribe sharp, clear, precise lines. When applied, our layout fluids provide a uniform deep color that prevents glare and dries in minutes. All Dykem® Layout Fluids create an extremely thin film which adds practically no thickness to the work piece and remains flexible without cracking and chipping.
- Steel Red provides a uniform deep color that prevents glare and eye strain.
- Allows for sharp, clear, and precise scribes.
- Provides a thin film without cracking/chipping and adds practically no thickness to work surface.
- Meets A-A 59168 dated 21st May 2014 paragraph 3.1.1 thru 126.96.36.199 with the exception of 3.3(chemical resistance to chlorinated solvents).
- Dries within minutes.
- Reveals defects and pinholes in a variety of surfaces.
- Great for inspection of gear tooth contact patterns.
- Available in multiple package sizes.
- Does not contain any reportable amounts of Xylene.
- Safe on most surfaces.
- Removable with DYKEM® Remover & Cleaner.
- Surface tests should be run to determine compatibility prior to use.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Flammable liquid and vapor. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
|Part No. US||Shelf Life|
Search for discontinued products in the SDS Finder
|VOC level||92% - 94% by weight|
|Dry Time||< 2 minutes (Note: Drying time may vary depending on film thickness)|